SGLI Traumatic Injury Protection Program (TSGLI)
You may be eligible for traumatic injury benefits
All active service members are automatically issued maximum coverage for Service Members’ Group Life Insurance (SGLI). It is a low-cost life insurance available to all active duty and reserve members of the uniformed services of the United States. Traumatic injury coverage (TSGLI) is included as part of the program. Coverage applies to severe injuries incurred on or off duty and may include payments of up to $100,000 for serious in-service traumatic injuries.
Many Veterans may not be aware that this benefit may be provided retroactively to some service members if you qualify, regardless of where the injury occurred or whether the coverage was in effect at the time of the injury.
Consult with our accredited VA attorneys who can determine if you qualify for TSGLI benefits, and help guide you through the application process.
General Eligibility Requirements
- You must have SGLI coverage when the traumatic injury occurred.
- You must have sustained a loss recognized on the schedule of coverage, as a direct result of the injury.
- The scheduled loss must have occurred within 2 years of the traumatic injury.
- You must have suffered the traumatic injury while an active member of the uniformed services.
- You must survive longer than 7 days after the injury.